The key to successful internet and telephony services for any property is the network connectivity being delivered to support these services. With such a crucial area, clients have often looked to make their own arrangements concerning this and for htm to connect on to their network. This we are happy to do but htm can, and do, support customers for their network services and we can provide a wide range of solutions including business broadband and DSL, high availability network connectivity (100 Mb – 1Gb), SIP trunks as well as traditional lines and minutes.
Working within the hospitality market, htm have found specific niche vendors a better route for services, capable of delivering higher levels of service quality and high availability network connections than the larger, more obvious “national or international companies”. Most importantly, htm have used our preferred routes as they have guaranteed internet breakout bandwidth levels with minimal bandwidth contention on shared services.
Our partners have Data Centre Hosting capability, Failover and Disaster Recovery (DR) options available to us.
08 & Non-Geographic Numbers
The 0800 / 0845 / 087 or 0330 numbers offered within the htm solution suite can provide your hotel, group of hotels or chain with a unique telephone number. A way to allow your customers or prospects to call you at no charge or for a small premium from any telephone in the UK, using the 08 or 03 pre-fix numbers.
You may have such numbers already in use, or simply be seeking a new premium line for your hotel guest support line to generate an additional incremental revenue source. One independent hotel client ordered one number, just to provide an added value 0800 fax service for their key clients. – a simple way to offer exclusivity and a real hotel guest differentiator. To enquire please click here.
ADSL, Broadband, ISDN, Telephone Lines and Calling Costs
htm offers you the chance to review your hotel and guest use of the telephone, tailoring a telephone, SIP or broadband tariff to best fit your needs. htm review this annually with you to ensure that you scale up or down as required.
One example which interested one client was to set a guest tariff to include the first 10 minutes telephone talk time free, reduced long distance rates and an improvement in the internet access bandwidth. The solution was provided by one provider and saved just over 18.0% on their existing total charges.
It could be argued that this is the area where hoteliers have not been mindful of the impact of technological change,1308 Cable,Cat 5,Coax, fibre and in some hotels Cat 6 cable networks now exist side by side. There are no cheap low-cost solutions when it comes to the basic infrastructure of your hotel.
Changes in Franchise Standards, demands to supply the latest Wi-Fi, Guest Internet and other services all place a lot of pressure upon the hotel owners or managers as they try to remain competitive.
This is where the past hotel project experience and detailed knowledge of many hotel properties in the U.K. and Ireland enables htm to offer a unique common sense approach to meeting your needs. It is believed that hoteliers want a cabling network which can:
- Provide flexibility, including fibre cabling where possible to enable the hotel to construct, in minutes, impromptu networks that can handle voice, data, video and other media at any desired speed.
- Address changes in guest use whilst generating economies for the hotel through integrated networks, reduced space or improved work processes.
- Ensure network infrastructure longevity as hotel guest bandwidth demands increase to 100 megabits, or for an additional gigabit and eventually even 10-gigabit transmission speeds.
- Overcome distance issues at some hotels without having to re-cable in the future, from a meeting room 300m away to a floor riser on the 25th floor.
- Satisfy the future changes in hotel Internet reservations, web based bookings, internal administration and mobile working.
htm will work with you and your management team to discuss the implications of your current network capabilities and issues, the use of copper, Cat5e, Cat6 and fibre networks and your future needs. This is then encapsulated into an agreed structured cabling plan. The plan may call for a complete replacement of your cabling network, it may just require htm to fix current issues and work to an agreed support contract, working in stages because of the scale of the work involved.
Satisfied cabling project outcomes have included:
- An improvement of voice quality calls after a new fibre run was installed in a lift shaft
- Mapping out and updating the patch panels in the communications room to reduce support calls.
- Improving staff working practices by developing new colour coded conference and banqueting patch panel system and enable them to sell incremental services.
htm has an in-depth understanding of hotel data and telecommunications cable and riser management. We ensure that the hotel guestrooms and administration areas have secure and reliable communication, data & telephone extended demarcation points.
Hotels find value in htm being the single point of contact and conduit between the multiple technology services providers. We can if required, provide ad-hoc or regular on-site hotel visits as required. Applying our knowledge, experience and understanding of hotel buildings yields lower costs, a faster turn-around time, less hassles and fewer problems for you.
Our hotels like the idea of having one company accountable for their buildings’ communication and data systems. It helps knowing who to call and having the confidence and trust in them to work well in sensitive guest bedroom areas, where discretion is extremely important.
htm believe that by guaranteeing a secure, reliable and efficient service, our hotels will benefit from:
- Development of a strategic and trusted partnership
- Greater accountability
- Improved quality of service ( on all 1308, CAT5e, CAT6 and Fibre networks) .
- Lower Total Costs (All technology vendors managed effectively to avoid duplication of work or billing)
- Scalable infrastructure which addresses changes in technologies and guest needs.